httpd-users mailing list archives

From "mark (at) edgewire" <m...@edgewire.sg>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: apache and apple quicktime
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 05:52:55 GMT
Hi all,

We have a XSAN storage which is attached to an xserve running apache2.
We have noticed that the disk reads have dropped by 80% when we are
streaming quicktime files which are still being written to disk across
the local network via http. However, if we are streaming the same file
which has finished writing to the disk, we are seeing disk read speeds
of up to 80MB/s whereas if the file was still being written to disk
and read at the same time, the speeds drop to 13MB/s. Is there a
setting on apache which may cause this behavior?

Best regards,

Mark