httpd-users mailing list archives

From Igor Cicimov <icici...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache in chroot on Solaris 9
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 00:06:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have built and install apache2.2.11 on solaris 9 and all is working fine
but when I put the server in chroot I faced some problems. More specifically
the server complains about the user I'm running apache under and says "can't
find the user with the given UID". My chroot is /chroot and when i built it
I have transfered the /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/netconfig,
/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts files into /chroot/etc directory and I have
transfered all the libraries linked to the httpd process that I could find
with ldd and truss. Any idea what am I still missing?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Igor