httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard <richardf...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with enable-layout and APR while trying to compile 2.2.12
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:07:46 GMT
Hi,

I have  a small problem compiling 2.2.12, I might be doing somthing
wrong but I can't find an answer that explains this.

I'm trying to compile Apache using
http://diymacserver.com/installing-apache/compiling-apache-in-64-bits-mode-on-leopard/

When I add the DIYMacServer layout to the config.layout file the
configuration process just stops with:

checking for chosen layout... DIYMacServer
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.7.0

Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...

configuring package in srclib/apr now
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
Configuring APR library
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.7.0
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
APR Version: 1.3.7
** Error: unable to find layout DIYMacServer
configure failed for srclib/apr

I need to copy the config.layout to scrlib/apr and srclib/apr-util to
get it to work but this should not be the case I would think.

This procedure worked with previous versions of Apache 2.2.x

I can't find anything in the release notes that might indicate this change?

The only thing I could find about it is this old bug which is still unsolved?

Thanks,

Richard