httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rishi Renjith <rishirenj...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] "SSL input filter read failed" error for apache with mod_nss
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:52:06 GMT
Hello, We are trying to make apache work with mod_nss in Solaris10 x86
platform in our project, which currently uses mod_ssl. For that we did the
following.
1) Compiled and installed NSS with NSPR.
 2) Installed Apache compiled with mod_ssl
3) Compiled and installed mod_nss for this Apache
4) Created the dummy DB using gencert.sh fie in mod_nss
5) Changed permissions for DB so that we can use it.
The issue we are getting is that the browser(Firefox) says "SSL_Disabled",
when trying to run in FIPS mode. When I checked the server logs, it says
"SSL Input filter read failed." "Cannot connect, SSL is disabled".  error.

Is there any setting that we are missing?
I am attaching the nss.conf and httpd.conf files.

Versions used:
Mod_nss: 1.0.8
NSS and NSPR: nss-3.12.3.1-with-nspr-4.7.5
Apache: 2.2.11

Thanks,
Rishi