httpd-users mailing list archives

From LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Secure and unsecure apache
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 00:16:24 GMT
I have a FreeBSD-6.2 server with apache-2.2.4 which unly runs an
instance of the webmail client Squirrelmail

so, I have the server name set to

ServerName webmail.example.com

and I have

DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/squirrelmail"

and then I have:

Listen 80
Listen 443
NameVirtualHost *:443
NameVirtualHost *:80

then I have:

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName securemail.example.com
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.pem
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.key
    ServerAdmin admin@example.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/
     ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error.log
     CustomLog /var/log/httpd-access.log combined
     DirectoryIndex secure.html
</VirtualHost>

If I go to webmail.example.com, it all works perfectly, but over http.
If I go to https://securemail.example.com I get:

An error occurred during a connection to securemail.example.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

However, nothing is logged to /var/log/httpd-error.log

I can ping securemail.example.com and it gets to the right IP address.

I can list the .key and .pem files:

--
So here's us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me. And
	I won't push you.