httpd-users mailing list archives

From Melanie Pfefer <melanie_pfe...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] 'require' keyword
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:45:14 GMT
Hi,

I want to check 2 things here regarding 'require' keyword.

I have this directive:

<Location /svn/ABC/XYZ>
DAV svn
SVNParentPath /jupiter/export/ABC/XYZ/
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPUrl ldap://....
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
Require valid-user
</LimitExcept>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Please enter your credentials"
</Location>

Now if I want to restrict a directoy under XYZ: /svn/ABC/XYZ/123 and give access to specific
ldap users, should I proceed this way:

create a new directive:
<Location /svn/ABC/XYZ/123>
DAV svn
SVNParentPath /jupiter/export/ABC/XYZ/123
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPUrl ldap://....
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
Require valid-user  <--- change here to Require followed by the ldap username. Repeat this
for all users
</LimitExcept>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Please enter your credentials"
</Location>

Let me know if this is true.

Also, this requires a graceful restart so I need to know whether having an external file can
replace the require keyword and the restart.

thank you