httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josh Gooding <josh.good...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Need some SSL help please.
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 20:04:02 GMT
Greetings folks, I've ran into a little SSL snag here.  Currently I have
Apache 2.2 and Tomcat 6.0 configured to run and talk to each other.  It
seems to work even though I have ONE static page in the entire project for
right now.

What I want to do:

Run the Login.jsp through SSL, after successful login, drop the SSL.  The
entire session doesn't need encrypted, only the login and password.  I was
directed over here from the Tomcat Mailing list.  I figured that I'd ask.  I
am using the Tomcat's built in j_security_check to authenticate users
login's.  I'm very new to SSL so please forgive me if I am asking some very
basic questions.

My question:  Is it possible to do the above scenario?  Is it practical?  Am
I wasting my time on this if there is a better way of doing this?

Thank you.

- Josh