httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proposal to Optionally Block DNS
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 00:27:06 GMT
Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> I propose this upgrade to Apache:
>
>   Options +NoDNS
>
> Prevents Apache from initiating DNS activity for
> any reason.
>
> I am now running my server with all DNS blocked
> by iptables.  Performance is thereby substantially
> improved.  Fortunately, I usually don't need DNS
> for anything else on that box.
>
> Mike.
and using:
#
# HostnameLookups: Log the names of clients or just their IP addresses
# e.g., www.apache.org (on) or 204.62.129.132 (off).
# The default is off because it'd be overall better for the net if people
# had to knowingly turn this feature on, since enabling it means that
# each client request will result in AT LEAST one lookup request to the
# nameserver.
#
HostnameLookups Off

that is already supported fails to meet your needs how?

Jaqui