httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] File does not exist error in my error log
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:34:42 GMT
Kamaraj, Jayakumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I recently upgraded from apache 1.3.37 to 1.3.41 ,

on which kind of platform ?

I didn't change
> any of the configuration parameter.

mmm. Maybe you did not, but maybe the update did ?

>     When I am using the apache 1.3.37 ,my http logs

which exact file name is this ?

  contain only 404
> request,

please show the exact line from the logfile

but there is no  equivalent error line in  error_log file

which exact filename is this ?

> ,provided LogLevel equals error .
>
>     Even with same LogLevel under apache 1.3.41 we are getting 404
> request in our http log ,along with these we are also getting the error
> [Mon Aug 24 05:00:29 2009] [error] [client 85.185.96.194] File does not
> exist in our error_logs.

please show the exact line, as it appears in the logfile

>     How to suppress only this error 'File does not exist ' not appear in
> my error log ?

You should probably find the reason for the error itself, not just
trying to suppress the error message.

>      If possible provide me the reason why it is getting logged in
> apache 1.3.41 but not in 1.3.37 .

Not without the information requested above, and the following :

- which URL is the client trying to access ?
- if this is a file, does that file exist ? please provide the complete path
- where is your Apache configuration file ? (complete path)
- what is the value of "DocumentRoot" in that configuration file ?