httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Horn <peter.h...@bigpond.com>
Subject [users@httpd] DBDPersist Off in vhost causes startup error log entries
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:48:06 GMT
Hi All,
I've been running Apache 2.2.9 / PHP 5.2.6 / Win XP SP3 with 3 named
vhosts for about a year with no real problems. Recently I added a fourth
vhost to run a Drupal site. This involved adding mySQL, and it all
worked after the usual few setup iterations. After the site was running
happily for a couple of weeks, I revisited the setup and removed
'DBDPersist Off' from the vhost. After I did this, I get the following
messages in the error log at startup, even though the site subsequently
appears to work correctly and there are no 'runtime' errors:

[Sat Aug 15 12:25:22 2009] [error] (OS 126)The specified module could
not be found.  : DBD: mod_dbd not compatible with APR in get_driver
[Sat Aug 15 12:25:22 2009] [error] (OS 126)The specified module could
not be found.  : DBD: failed to initialise

Other relevant information:

[amongst LoadModule's in httpd.conf]
LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so

[vhost section from httpd.conf, sanitised]
<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "C:/path/examplesite"
    ServerName example.org
    ServerAlias anotherexample.org
  CustomLog "logs/examplesite.log" myformat
  DBDriver mysql
  DBDParams "user=exampleuser, dbname=examplesite, pass=examplepassword"
# removing the next line causes startup errors
  DBDPersist Off
# allow stuff in Drupal's .htaccess
    <Directory "C:/path/examplesite">
        AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

mod_dbd.so is version 2.2.9 dated 13 Jun 2008, as shipped with the
installation package.
MySQL server is 'version 5.1.36-community'

The real questions are:
Does DBDPersist actually do anything in the WAMP environment?
If so, what is my real problem?
If not, should that be documented?

Regards,
Peter