httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_html can't install
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:31:18 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Nick Kew<nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>> Eric Covener wrote:

>>> FWIW I tried that -D and it still comlained about the three HTTP_* macros.
>>>
>> Huh?  HTTP_ macros?  Whare do they come from?
>
> Doh, HTML_* (HTML_INVALID, HTML_DEPRECATED, HTML_REQUIRED)

Aha, I see.  They're new in mod_proxy_html 3.0, which is several
years later than the XML_ macros with the old-libxml2 support.

I guess it's time to declare very-old-libxml2 unsupported.

I also recollect there was a serious libxml2 bug that affected
mod_proxy_html and could cause it to spin and eat memory in
comment parsing.  It was fixed in IIRC libxml2-2.5.10,
so supporting earlier versions is really a Bad Thing.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Guess I should release 3.1.  It's been ready and just
awaiting docs updates for a long time!

--
Nick Kew