httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Fábio Jr." <fjuniorli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate and mod_cache can this be combined to improve performance
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:22:57 GMT
Shibi NS escreveu:
> Is the file is cached before compression or after compression ?. If
> the file is cached after compression then its relay helps me in
> improving the performance.

It will depends of the compatibility of the client's browser. In
mod_deflate configs, you should see that it have some configurations
about what kind of browser can handle compressed files.

This also depends on your settings. If you force all content to be
compressed, it will be stored in cache compressed. but if the browser is
not supported, it will store a compressed file, and also a not
compressed file on cache.

Before you start using mod_deflate + mod_cache, you must have in mind
what kind of files you want to compress and/or cache. What kind of cache
you will use (disk / mem / file), what folders and/or file types you
must cache and what not.

A good starting point is the Apache cache guide
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/caching.html>.

Good luck and any other doubt, i will be happy to help

[]s

    Fábio Jr.