httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Number of connections
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 12:10:31 GMT
ricardo13 wrote:
> hi,
>
> I would like to monitor the number of connections actives in web server at
> that moment.
> How do I get ? Does mod_status provide that informations ??

If you really mean *connections*, you could try
netstat -an

Any line which has, in the first column of IP addresses, an IP address
ending in :80, and at the end of the line the word ESTABLISHED, is an
active connection with port 80 on your machine, which probably means
your webserver.

On a Linux system,
netstat -pan
will give you in addition, at the end of each line, the process-id and
command of the corresponding process.
netstat -tpan
will only show lines corresponding to TCP, which saves a lot of lines.