httpd-users mailing list archives

From Henry <he...@cityweb.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_disk_cache and caching same content for all users
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:33:13 GMT
Hi,

apache 2.2.8

Maybe I'm not understanding the purpose of mod_disk_cache:  I'd like
to cache content for ALL users of a website - not just for a single
user and browser.  I've noticed that this is not the case with
different browsers.

For example:

Using Firefox (FF) and browsing to abc.com/index.php?a=1
- caches as expected.
- browsing to the same page with FF serves up the cached page as expected.

Using Chrome and browsing to the same page:  abc.com/index.php?a=1
- does *not* serve up the previously cached page, instead
mod_disk_cache stores a fresh copy for future caching...

Config:
-------
CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
CacheIgnoreCacheControl On  # for testing
CacheStoreNoStore On
CacheStorePrivate On
CacheIgnoreHeaders Set-Cookie
CacheMaxExpire 86400
CacheLastModifiedFactor 10
CacheDefaultExpire 86400

btw, I've also noticed that abc.com/?a=1 is never cached (ie, missing
the default page: index.php).  Any way to get that to be cached?

Thanks
Henry