httpd-users mailing list archives

From Evan Platt <e...@espphotography.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Proposal to Optionally Block DNS
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:21:12 GMT
At 11:37 AM 8/24/2009, you wrote:
>Since I have not looked at Apache source code, for me
>this would be at least several hours work, if not
>several days.  For someone into the source code, I
>expect it to take a few minutes, to an hour or two,
>depending on structure.  I would hope that such a
>person might submit a patch.

I can say with almost 100% certainty, from a few years of QA work and
12+  years of end user support, 2nd level support, and above, that a
small change never takes 'just a few minutes' or 'just an hour'. And
said change almost NEVER can be made without breaking 4 or 5 other things.

Unfortunately, you never really realize the small change you made
broke those 5 other things until months later.