httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 'require' keyword
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:38:51 GMT
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Melanie
Pfefer<melanie_pfefer@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Do you think this is caused Location directive used for a location and a sublocation?
>
> I tested on a fresh apache. The <directory> directive works as expected (i.e. only
user1, user2 and user3 can access bbb/) (But still I am prompted for password even if I do
not access bbb/):

You still get prompted under aaa/ because "valid-user" means any user
who has authenticated is authorized -- it does not skip the
authentication phase.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com