httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyTimeout
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:05:49 GMT
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Qingshan Xie<xieq_49@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys for your help.
>
> Think I may not describe my question clearly.  My question is, in the case of Timeout=5
min but ProxyTimeout=10 min in a Reverse Proxy Server, if the backend response is over 10
min, when the connection will be closed, 5 min or 10 min?

The timeouts apply to single network operation, there is no end-to-end
timer running.

If Apache has to wait 10 minutes for a single read from the origin
server to complete, it will timeout.  An error response will be sent
to the client, if he hasn't closed his own end of the connection by
then.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com