httpd-users mailing list archives

From MK <halfcountp...@intergate.com>
Subject [users@httpd] redirect IE6 with mod_rewrite
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:38:22 GMT

I'm trying to redirect IE6 users to a special page using mod_rewrite,
since this seems to be the usual suggestion googling.  I'm testing it
this way to see if the method will work:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}  .*Mozilla.*
RewriteRule html$ error.mhtml          [L]

which I figure should cover everything, but in fact it has no effect on
anything.  I've played around lots with the regex ("^Mozilla.*",
"Mozilla", "^Mozilla", even ".*"), etc. but nothing works.

Anyone know how to do this right?