httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Sherlock <n.sherl...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: High load using memcache and 9G tmpfs
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:38:53 GMT
Matthew Tice wrote:
> Thanks Nicholas, I'll take a look at that.  I had htcacheclean running
> every 5 min. which could have caused a bulk of my problems.  I changed
> the daemon to kick off every 30 min. instead which seems to have helped
> - a little.  The machine isn't quite as sluggish but the load is still
> hovering around 2 (5 min. average).

If you see multiple htcacheclean instances running at the same time then
you know it's in trouble - they'll probably be saturating the IO
capacity for your filesystem.

A load of 2! I dream of the days when my server had a load average of 2!
I'm making do with a slow single-core machine at the moment, with a lot
of very persistent site visitors, and our load average rarely drops
below 50.. :).

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock