httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Arash Afaghi" <blue...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about secure mod_proxy
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:54:38 GMT
Hello
I'm trying to setup a forward proxy server to help some students in Iran bypass internet censorship
and access news sites.
proxy is up on a random port and working perfectly. problem is websites that are censored
still getting access denied by isp even through my proxy. I've heard government is doing a
DPI(deep packet inspect)-what ever the hell that is- so they block receive packets.
I know mod_ssl is used for secure/encrypted web service, my question is whether it's possible
to set up a proxy using secure connection between server and client?requested websites may
be https or normal http.
thanks in advance.