httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey D. Fulmer" <JDFul...@Armstrong.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Stress testing apache 2.2 with ab
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:04:45 GMT
siege can help you accomplish that goal. It allows you to specify a time to run and it gives
you some flexibility with scheduling requests.

Let's say you wanted to run approximately 12,000 hits in an hour. You could do something like
this:

siege -c 250 -t1h -d 15 http://www.haha.com/whoohoo

http://www.joedog.org/index/siege-home

Cheers,
Jeff

From: Krish, Sailesh [skrishnamur1@bloomberg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:31 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: [users@httpd] Stress testing apache 2.2 with ab

Hi,

I would like to stress test an apache web server using ab. How do I get it to send a certain
number of requests per hour? Do we need to use the –t option. The man page is not very clear.
Basically Im trying to simulate ccurrent usage and see the behaviour when I add some more
load.The current usage statistics on the web server are as below:

.

Avg

Max

Hits per Hour