httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jordi Moles <jo...@cdmon.com>
Subject [users@httpd] create errorlog folder
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:48:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I've been looking
through this list's archive and found nothing related to it.

anyway... the thing is that I'm running a web server, with multiple
domains running on a virtual-host set up.

Each domain name has its own error_log file, through the ErrorLog
directive in the individual conf file.

For some reason (I'm trying to find out), the path where the error_log
file is kept gets deleted from time to time i some of the domains (each
one has its own errorlog folder). After that, when i perform a
configtest, apache doesn't complain, but when i run graceful, it stops
working as to apache this is a major problem.

So... i just would like to know if i can do something to avoid this from
happening... may be can i set up apache so that a message like "errorlog
file does not exist" appears in the configtest and not only in the
graceful itself? may be can i make apache create that folder if it
doesn't exist? may be can i make apache ignore that problem and consider
it like a warning and not error?

I know that apache is able to create a new error_log file if it doesn't
find one and has the right privileges, but it fails to create the
folder. I guess this is the normal and expected behaviour, i just need
to know if i can make it behave as i need.

Thanks in advance.