httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FilesMatch question
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:21:21 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM, "Fábio Jr."<fjuniorlista@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is the FilesMatch directive case sensitive?
>>
>> If isn't, can I use a regex like "\.(jpe?g|JPE?G)" to solve the problem?
>>

> It's case sensitive. You can prefix a PCRE expression with (?i) to
> make it case-insensitive without any special support in Apache.

Maybe still be careful if your server is a Windows server.
Because even if FilesMatch is case-sensitive, the NTFS filesystem is
not.  I don't know how exactly Apache deals with that.

I mean, if your intention is to return the file whether it ends in
.jpeg,.Jpeg,..JPeG or whatever, then it does not matter.
But it would matter if you wanted to exclude .Jpeg but accept .jpeg.