httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lists <li...@euca.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Low priced certificate?
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:32:02 GMT
Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> I am thinking of securing part of my low volume
> web site with SSL.  I wend to some certificate
> authorities, and I was blown away by the prices.
> Are there that are both cheap and widely recognized?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Mike.

So, all this education/lecturing on certificates, but
very little that is in reply to the OP's question. ;-)

I use geotrust quite a bit, but have a project where
I could use the same information that the OP posed.

...currently looking into:
RapidSSL
register.com
GoDaddy
DigiCert
comodo.com
www.instantssl.com
and now: cacert.org

I only have a little experience with comodo and
there were a few hiccups along the way (transfering/renewing).
The rest I know little to nothing about, so would appreciate
any feedback.

Donovan

--
   =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o
   D. BROOKE                       EUCA Design Center