httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Auth and server-side auto-login
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:50:20 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> Pascal S. Clermont wrote:
>
>> A conjunction of network based auth + "SetEnvIf Remote_Addr
>> "^192\.168\.1\.\d{1,3}$" REMOTE_USER=LOCAL_IP" might be suitable for
>> my current needs.
>
> That looks like a re-invention of "Satisfy Any".
> If you are re-inventing a wheel, kudos for NOT doing
> the "usual thing" and hacking it with mod_rewrite!
>
> But I could be missing something from earlier in the thread :)

Ah, we got an expert on the line !
Rephrasing the original question :
- an Apache application of which we do not have the source code and
cannot thus modify, requires an Apache authenticated user-id
- however, for the select group of users accessing the application from
the network 192.168.1.0, we want to save them the bother of logging in,
and automatically attribute them the user-id of "internal".

Question : is there any combination of standard Apache
directives/modules which can achieve that ?