httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Response time without client network delay
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:25:34 GMT
Anantha Padmanabha wrote:

> Is there a way to get just the apache processing time [without client's
> network] in milli/micro seconds?

Maybe mod_log_firstbyte would suite. Quotes:
---8<---
mod_log_firstbyte is a module for Apache 2.0 which allows you to log the
time between each request being read and the first byte of the response
served. Unlike the total serve time, this index of performance tells you
how long Apache actually spent loading the file off the disk or
executing your script: it's independent of client connection speed. It
makes a great performance benchmark for your server!
---8<---
The module adds a new option to your log format string: '%F'. This is
the request-to-first-byte time, in microseconds.
---8<---

I know it says it's for httd 2.0 in that text, but I'm using it with 2.2
here (from FreeBSD ports), and it seems to work.

Available at:
<http://mod-log-firstbyte.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/>
<http://code.google.com/p/mod-log-firstbyte/>

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda