httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Apache workers DNS change question?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 21:09:58 GMT
Jai wrote:
> We are not going to change it dynamically. We are going to bring down jboss
> servers when we change IP address. But we will not be able to bring apache
> since it has JK Mount configured for applications other than the application
> we bring down. Sure. I will search it in tomcat forums and will go ahead
> with this exercise. Thanks a lot for your help.

Here is a recent thread which may help :

http://tomcat.markmail.org/search/?q=JK+1.2.28+-+load+balancer+worker+fail

An Apache httpd "graceful restart" will not interrupt any transaction
that is under way.  It will let each Apache thread finish its current
request, then die, and be replaced by a new thread (including a mod_jk
instance).  I would imagine that each mod_jk would then redo a DNS
lookup, and you should be fine.