httpd-users mailing list archives

From Per olof Ljungmark <...@bsdlabs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Annoying problem with apache22 / php5 - how to investigate?
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 00:01:23 GMT
Hi,

We run FreeBSD 7 and apache 2.2 (currently 2.2.11) with php5 serving
pages from a webmail app (Horde).

Randomly (as it seems at least), there is a 500 (Internal server error)
and a blank page is presented to the user like

[04/Jul/2009:15:19:37 +0200] "GET
/services/portal/sidebar.php?httpclient=1 HTTP/1.1" 500 -

There are no other messages in the logs, not even with LogLevel debug.
The problem has survived several both OS and Apache/PHP/HORDE upgrades
and I really need to track this down now.

Question: What tools would be the best to further analyze this? The
standard logging does not seem to be sufficient in this case and I am
totally inexperienced in how to dig further down.

Thanks a lot!

--
per