httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] missing content-length header for HEAD request in mod_jk 1.2.28 with tomcat 6.0.18
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 23:19:46 GMT

On 26 Jul 2009, at 23:44, Sameer Naik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We observed that content-length header is missing in response
> headers for a HEAD request when used along with Apache 2.0.53,
> mod_jk 1.2.28 and tomcat 6.0.18.
>
> The header appears correctly when only mod_jk is rolled back to
> version 1.2.21 (the previous production version for us). Is this a
> known issue? Any work-around/solution for this?

Is this a problem?  I ask because a very similar issue has come up
recently in the
context of mod_deflate and HEAD requests, and it would be good to
know if it's
causing real problems.

Since it seems to be a change in mod_jk, you should probably ask the
tomcat folks,
who maintain it.  Though some of them are also httpd folks and may
see it here.

--
Nick Kew