httpd-users mailing list archives

From /U <uma...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Terminate SSL and forward to Tomcat
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 00:40:42 GMT

I have an installation of Tomcat with named vhosts.
I need an Apache webserver as the front-end to do the following:

  a) Require HTTPS for all URLs under /secure/
  b) for all requests of the form https://host/secure(/*),
         - terminate SSL
         -  rewrite the URL to add a Host entry
         - finally forward it to the local Tomcat instance.

I am not certain about how to direct Apache to terminate SSL first and
then do a URL rewrite. Is the following configuration typical?

RewriteEngine On
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteRule "^/secure(/.*)" "http://%{HTTP_HOST}$1" [R,L]

Now that I have enforces SSL on the request https://host/secure/...,
I want to the request (after SSL termination) to be redirected to
http://host:8080/secure/...

How can I accomplish this?

Tx

/U