httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schober <peter.scho...@univie.ac.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Auth and server-side auto-login
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:12:31 GMT
* Pascal S. Clermont <pascal@clermont.cc> [2009-07-21 21:53]:
> I want to secure some content from unauthorized access by using :
> "
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Authentication Required"
> AuthUserFile /etc/secret/auth.users
> Require valid-user
> "
> in one of my <virtualhost>'s
>
> I would like to know if there is a possible way for apache to auto-login
> anyone coming from the 192.168.1 network to a specific user?
> This would be great if it required 0 client-side setup ( completely
> transparent ) and for the 192.168.2 network a login/pass would be asked
> to the user.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/core.html#satisfy

"For example, if you wanted to let people on your network have
unrestricted access to a portion of your website, but require that
people outside of your network provide a password, you could use a
configuration similar to the following:

Require valid-user
Order allow,deny
Allow from 192.168.1