httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mukarram Syed <muks...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache logs are being writting to the /var/log/messages file
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:34:18 GMT
Hi Folks,
Need some help with Apache log files.
The problem is that the apache log files are being written to the systems' /var/log/messages
file.
This is what I have in my /etc/syslog.conf file for /var/log/messages:

*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;\
local1.none;local7.none                                  /var/log/messages

The application folks have...

apache.conf:LogLevel warn
apache.conf:CustomLog "logs/accesses" combined
apache.conf:ErrorLog "logs/errors"
local.conf:PidFile logs/httpd.pid
local.conf:JkLogFile /apps/webserver/logs/mod_jk.log
local.conf:JkLogLevel info

...in their apache conf files.

Do you think that JkLogLevel info is directing all the informational logs to /var/log/messages
because my server has *.info in it in the /etc/syslog.conf file?

I have many apache servers running and all my /etc/syslog.conf files have this setting for
/var/log/messages.  Only apache servers from a certain application group has this issue.
My root partition is small and it gets filled up with these logs.

thanks

# mukarram

 Mukarram Syed
muksyed@yahoo.com