httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anantha Padmanabha <anantha.padmana...@bankbazaar.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Response time without client network delay
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:31:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Apache 2.2.8 and use %D to capture response times.

We did performance testing on newly purchased servers and made the same
machines go live.
Our latencies in production were greater than that of our perf run, even
though requests were much lower.
Then we figured out that client delays also factor in the response time and
our production clients are calling from slower network.
[This was confirmed again when we ran perf runs on production from clients
with different outgoing bandwidth]

So, we need a way to measure response time excluding client, to know apaches
performance. I've read
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html.
Does %s do exactly this? [%s does not log in millisecs unfortunately]

Is there a way to get just the apache processing time [without client's
network] in milli/micro seconds?

Thanks
Anantha