httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter J Milanese <PMilan...@nypl.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] sending email
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:56:08 GMT
May behoove you to check maillog.

Its your local mail exchanger.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Peacock" [richard.peacock@minorplanet.com]
Sent: 06/15/2009 11:48 AM CET
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] sending email

I don't think this is an Apache problem, it's either bad PHP or problem
with your esmtp configuration by the sounds of it.

Have you checked the MAN pages for your esmtp program or checked that
your PHP replaces any invalid chars that could prevent emails being
sent?

Have you tried to create a simple test.php page where when you browse to
it, it spits out an email to a test email address without you having to
enter an email address etc in a previous form.

Test.php would read:

<?php

mail("test@test.com", "The Subject", "Hello world");

?>

When all's said and done though, Apache has nothing to do with sending
emails, in a nutshell, it just serves webpages.