httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@six-group.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Configuring multiple instance of apache on solaris
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 07:22:39 GMT

Your config looks OK... So usually when directives seem to get ignored,
it's because the config is not really being read.

How, exactly, are you starting apache? Each instance should start
separately with a defined config file, eg:

/path/to/apache/bin/httpd -f /path/to/config/instance_1.conf

(probably this will be inside a control script).

Apart from that;

- what does it say in the error log?
- do any configs have included content from other files?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I know its not permissions issue because it creates errorlogs and
> scoreboardfile successfully.
>

> Here is my instance 1.conf:
>
> ServerRoot "/opt/code/apache2.2.8"
>
> Listen 80
> ServerName localhost:80
> ScoreBoardFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst1/apache_runtime_status
> LockFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst1/inst1.lock
> PidFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst1/inst1.pid
>

> Here is my instance 2.conf:
>
> ServerRoot "/opt/code/apache2.2.8"
>
> Listen 81
> ServerName localhost:81
> ScoreBoardFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst2/apache_runtime_status
> LockFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst2/inst2.lock
> PidFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst2/inst2.pid
>

> Here is my instance 3.conf:
>
> Listen 82
> ServerName localhost:82
> ScoreBoardFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst3/apache_runtime_status
> LockFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst3/inst3.lock
> PidFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst3/inst3.pid
>

> Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sayed

or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
networks.