httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Miles <paul.mi...@paymo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache as a Gateway
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:46:33 GMT
I wouldn't expect any issues installing the redhat rpm on centos, but if you're at all worried,
just build from source.

Paul

---
Paul Miles
Systems and Infrastructure
Fax: + 44 (0)8701 236 087
Web: http://www.paymo.com

Paymo
107 Fleet Street
London, EC4A 2AB
UK

From: Arnab Ganguly [mailto:aganguly01@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 June 2009 13:40
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache as a Gateway

Hi Paul,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.Definitely we are going to try out.We are on CentOS 5 so
any issue it is going to be if we install the RHL packages?
Arnab
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Paul Miles <paul.miles@paymo.com> wrote:
We use Pound (http://www.apsis.ch/pound/) to do exactly that.

I believe apache can also load balance, but pound was so simple to setup for our environment
it seemed like the sensible choice. This way, we can leave apache to do what it does best,
and serve web pages.

Regards,

Paul

---