httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anuradha <ds_...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject [users@httpd] unable to access /proc/<pid>/fd directory in Apache
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:22:16 GMT
Hi All,

In apache I want to  find the list of process which are accessing the file.

I am using the lsof command with popen system call.

For each process with pid a directory will be created in /proc. In /proc/<pid>/fd directory
list all the files which are beeing used by the process.

But in my case /proc/<pid> owner is apache  but /proc/<pid>/fd owner is root
with read permission only to owner i.e root.
As a result my apache module is not able to access the /proc/<pid>/fd directory to check
process which are holding particula file handler say X.

Does any one has an idea of access those file from apache.

Thanks,
A.

      ICC World Twenty20 England &#39;09 exclusively on YAHOO! CRICKET http://cricket.yahoo.com