httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] https works, http doesn't
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 22:09:23 GMT

On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:52 PM, John Oliver wrote:

> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> use
> an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>

> Web server is RHEL 5.2 running httpd-2.2.3-22.el5  Nothing is logged
> any error_log.

I believe that is impossible: 403s are logged.  Are you sure you are
looking in the right log?  What are the access controls on your
DocumentRoot?

What is the LogLevel in your configuration file?

> Access attempts are logged and look OK.   There is no

Do you mean the access attempt that resulted in the above response?
What response code is logged?

> firewall... iptables is stopped, and I get the same result from
> localhost.  Nothing is logged to audit.log, and the problem persists
> afetr "setenforce 0"

You are definitely talking to the httpd, not to your firewall.

> There is an index.html with 644, and it's in
> /var/www/html with 755, and that is set as the DocumentRoot.  HTTPS
> works perfectly.

What are the differences in access controls between your SSL vhost and
your plaintext vhost (or the main server, as the case may be)?

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org