httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sayed Wali <sayed.w...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring multiple instance of apache on solaris
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:53:46 GMT
Hi ,

I have a problem that I am hoping one you have seen before....

I am trying to run multiple instances of Apache V. 2.2.8 on Solaris
10.  I have everything setup. i.e. Different configuration files for
each instances, with different port numbers, lock file, PidFile, and
ScoreBoardFile. However, when I try to start instance, it won't accept
the "PidFile" param from the config file. Hence I am unable to start
multiple instances. If I start each instance individually, all 3
instances come up ok, but they all place the PidFile in
/var/run/httpd.pid. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to force the
config to use different pid file. Any help?

I know its not permissions issue because it creates errorlogs and
scoreboardfile successfully.

Here is my instance 1.conf:

ServerRoot "/opt/code/apache2.2.8"

Listen 80
ServerName localhost:80
ScoreBoardFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst1/apache_runtime_status
LockFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst1/inst1.lock
PidFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst1/inst1.pid

Here is my instance 2.conf:

ServerRoot "/opt/code/apache2.2.8"

Listen 81
ServerName localhost:81
ScoreBoardFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst2/apache_runtime_status
LockFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst2/inst2.lock
PidFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst2/inst2.pid

Here is my instance 3.conf:

Listen 82
ServerName localhost:82
ScoreBoardFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst3/apache_runtime_status
LockFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst3/inst3.lock
PidFile /var/adm/apache2.2.8/inst3/inst3.pid

Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sayed