httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lyudmila L. Balakireva" <lu...@lanl.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to do http PUT inside the output filter
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:13:00 GMT

> On 17 Jun 2009, at 18:52, Lyudmila L. Balakireva wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am new to apache and c and
>
> Then you're probably being over-ambitious :-)
>
> One thing that immediately stands out: you're using the request pool,
> but you defined your filter to run outside the protocol level, where the
> request object (and hence its pool) is no longer valid.  The simple
> fix would be to use the connection pool.  But that in turn highlights
> the likelihood that you might want to revisit your architectural design.

thank you for you reply,  though the fact that I am using request when it
is no longer  valid, already occurred to me yesterday, could you tell more
what you mean
"But that in turn highlights the likelihood that you might want to revisit
your architectural design. .".. ?
 Do I need to move to AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE filter  or you mean overall
approach is not valid (opening socket per request for example is  not
good)?

Thanks,
Luda