httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Simmons <square.st...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with FrontPage generated 'Subweb'
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:12:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie with Apache.

I've just taken on a site built with FrontPage and I want to develop and
test with a local
<http://www.apache.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.0#>apache server
running on XP.  I've downloaded and installed Apache 2.2, got SSI
working and can browse the main site.

The problem is that there is a 'subweb' and I can't get that to run
properly.  The (simplified) directory structure looks like:

C:\mywebs\mywebsite\mysubweb

In C:\mywebs\mywebsite I have index.html plus several other .html and
shtml files

In C:\mywebs\mywebsite\mysubweb I have index.htm and index.shtml plus
several other .html and shtml files

In the htttpd.conf, I have:

DocumentRoot "C:/mywebs/mywebsite"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "C:/mywebs/mywebsite">

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes

    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

</Directory>

So, with this configuration, I can connect via localhost to mywebsite
and everything works just fine but if I follow a link or try to connect
to 'mysubweb', I get a directory listing of mysubweb.  Once I am there,
I can click on index.shtml and everything seems to work fine.  Clearly,
I'm missing some configuratuion item or I'm totally misunderstanding
what I'm doing.  I am beginning to suspect that I need to set up two
VirtualHosts but I'd appreciate some guidance before I start down that path.

Thnx

Steve