httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help with CharSet
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:11:51 GMT
Tiago Becker wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a problem using prototype and i think its an apache configuration
> error (my error).
>
> On all pages that i use ajax (prototype lib) , all the accentuated
> (especial) chars gets replaced by symbols (i'm using iso 8859-1) and i can't
> find a solution.
>
> I have another machine that it works, but i can't find whats wrong.
>
> My setup:
>
> Ubuntu 8.04, Apache 2.2.8, php5, mod_python.
>
> I'm using AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1, but tried UTF-8 and latin-1 (not
> sure if this works) with no luck.
>
> Can someone give me a hint of whats wrong?

Not with the kind of explanation you provide above, I'm afraid.
Try to explain exactly what you are doing, what you expect, and what you
get instead, then maybe someone will be able to help.
In any case, just "trying this or that" directive in Apache won't help,
and will make everything even more confusing.
Your problem is probably not at the Apache level anyway, but somewhere
in your Ajax stuff (which by the way is not a part of Apache).

First thing to try : create a normal, static html page, without any Ajax
stuff in it, just standard html, but with some "accented characters".
Then call it up in your browser.  Does it display correctly ?