httpd-users mailing list archives

From Elmar Krieger <el...@cmbi.ru.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache suddenly stops serving requests, recv() returns -1/errno=EAGAIN forever
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2009 01:43:20 GMT
Dear all,

fortunately, our expert system admin could locate and solve the problem,
I'm posting what I heard in case someone googles this thread:

So in our case, the random download stalls, where recv() on the socket
connection would report -1/errno=EAGAIN for an hour without progress,
where caused by a problem with state filtering in the iptables config,
related to the local firewall. It required a new Linux kernel to fix,
since then Apache is running happily...

CU,
Elmar