httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Serving subdomains - ProxyPassMatch issues
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:57:25 GMT
Karthik Manimaran wrote:
> ProxyPassReverse too doesn't work when I use regex.

I'm not sure it works either, but have you actually tried using your $1
and $2 in the ProxyPassReverse line ?
One never knows..

I'm no great expert here, but I have been re-reading the on-line docs
for Proxyxxxxx directives, and I find some rather cryptic but intriguing
clues in there that make me think that something must be possible.

Fo example this in ProxyPassReverse :

Note that this ProxyPassReverse directive can also be used in
conjunction with the proxy pass-through feature (RewriteRule ... [P])
from mod_rewrite  because it doesn't depend on a corresponding ProxyPass
directive.

and ...

The optional interpolate keyword (available in httpd 2.2.9 and later),
used together with ProxyPassInterpolateEnv, enables interpolation of
environment variables specified using the format ${VARNAME}.

The last one above seems to indicate that if you manage to set an Apache
environment variable "name" to some value "on the way in", then you
should be able to use this same variable "on the way out", as ${name}.

But, now that I reflect upon it, in your original post you mentioned
that the problem was that "the URL of the browser changes".
Care to explain what you mean exactly, step by step ?

I mean, I don't think it should, unless either
a) your back-end server itself generates re-directs to its own hostname
or
b) you are talking about links that are inside the html pages returned
by your back-end, and which contain URLs with hostnames.

Or did I misunderstand something ?