httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Davidson <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Weird problem with SSL and Google Chrome and IE7/8.
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:32:17 GMT
Apache 2.2.11 w/Openssl 0.9.8k

I'm having a weird problem with Apache and Chrome and IE7/8.  The problem
only seems to happen with SSL connections.  On some requests, I get exactly
30 second delays.  Firefox gets no delays.  Since it seems to be
consistently
30 seconds when it happens, it seems like some sort of timeout.  It doesn't
happen on every request, but it happens a lot.

This is a development server, so I didn't want to bother buying a proper
certificate for it.  At first, I used another server's certificate.
Then I tried
a self signed certificate that matched the server.  I still have the
problem.

No errors in the error log.

My SSLCipherSuite from httpd-ssl.conf:

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-LOW:-SSLv2:-EXP

I use this in the access logs for SSL requests: %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x
%{SSL_CIPHER}x

For Firefox, SSL requests log that as: TLSv1 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA
For Chrome/IE7, SSL requests log that as: TLSv1 RC4-MD5

Any ideas?