httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re:[users@httpd] Seeking knowledge : Apache2 MPM Event and
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:19:46 GMT
SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:
> my thoughts about this issue are similar too.
Mmmm.  I believe you misunderstood what I wrote.

  This looks to me to be a security issue caused primarily due to mod_perl.
That was not at all what I had in mind.
If you are thinking about slowloris, I believe it affects some Apache's,
whether mod_perl is used or not.  It also affects many other webservers.
Apache with Event MPM should however not be affected.

My question is totally separated from the slowloris issue - which is why
I posted this as a new thread.

My question is aimed at finding out if the reason why Event MPM is not
compatible with (some or all) Apache input filters, is because it
handles the connection with a different thread than the requests.
(Or let's say at least that this is how I understand the gist of the
Event MPM).
So Connection-level filters are probably affected, but maybe
Request-level filters are not.
The difference is important when using mod_perl.