httpd-users mailing list archives

From "SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN" <skrishnam...@bloomberg.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Re:[users@httpd] Seeking knowledge : Apache2 MPM Event and
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:29:21 GMT
my thoughts about this issue are similar too. This looks to me to be a security issue caused
primarily due to mod_perl. Is there a listing somewhere of potential security threats/vulnerabilities
associate with mod_perl and say other apache modules too? thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: users@httpd.apache.org
To: users@httpd.apache.org
At:  6/23 14:27:15

Hi.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/event.html
states (at the end) :
At present, this MPM is incompatible with mod_ssl, and other input filters.

Would someone care to elaborate, in the sense of :

Does that mean "any input filters at all", or just "some input filters" ?

In particular :
mod_perl intertwines itself quite deeply into the core Apache2 code.
I am a mod_perl user, and occasional writer/user of mod_perl input
filters.  There are two types of such filters :
- filters which act at the Connection level
(see
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Filter.html#C_FilterConnectionHandler_
)
- filters which act at the Request level
(see
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Filter.html#C_FilterRequestHandler_
)Does the above statement concern both, or just the Connection-level
filters ?

Is this question better asked on the mod_perl lists ?

Thanks.