httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can a proxy rewrite a 302 redirect location reply?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:00:31 GMT
Scott Moseman wrote:

> HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
> Location: http://outside1.mysite.com/subdirectory2/someotherpage.html
>
> Obviously on an inbound non-SSL request, should I allow non-SSL, I
> could redirect to HTTPS.  Is there anything I can do to rewrite the
> URL provided in the 302 request on its way out?  Or is there nothing
> that Apache can do about that?

Partial reply :
That Location: header is a HTTP response header.
You may want to have a look at the mod_headers filter.
Look for "modules" on the Apache site, pick H for headers.

I do not know if this is flexible enough to achieve what you want.
Being myself a "mod_perl fan", I will add that by using a mod_perl
filter written for the purpose, you can do pretty much what you want in
that respect.  So I would not usually look any further.

But there may be other solutions not involving mod_perl.