httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Conf for 2000 Users ??
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:57:34 GMT
BipinDas-Gmail wrote:
> Hi
>
> Tested in a Live environment. Apache server load shoots above 100 and
> behaves badly.

What kind of load according to what?
Behaves badly how?

Since you choose not to answer most of my questions I assume that you
are not actually interested in getting help with the problem, but I'll
give you a short a comment to the only answer you gave:

If you have your application code running in the http processes, such as
PHP or mod_perl code, it could well be that code wich takes a lot of
recourses rather than Apache itself. But since you choose to withhold
that information from us, we can't even guess...

> StartServers * MaxRequestPerChild = MaxClients. Is this correct equation for
> calculating
> Total allowable user connection ?

No, that's not correct.

Please read the docs at httpd.apache.org, where the above directioves
are explained. If you don't understand the docs, then come back here for
clarifications.

Also, the total amount of simultaneous users is *not* the same as total
amount of simultaneous connections. HTTP is stateless and request
oriented, not connection oriented.

In many systems the amount of simultaneous users can be way more than
the amount of simultaneous connections, but in systems where most pages
and even images are dynamically and slowly generated it may well be that
the amount of simultaneous connections is sometimes way higher than the
amount of simultaneous users.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda