httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Conf for 2000 Users ??
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:51:26 GMT
BipinDas-Gmail wrote:
> Hi
>
> Tested in a Live environment. Apache server load shoots above 100 and
> behaves badly.
> StartServers * MaxRequestPerChild = MaxClients. Is this correct equation for
> calculating
> Total allowable user connection ?

Instead of abusing this list, and the time of the people on it, I think
you should really, /really/ read the available on-line documentation,
which other competent and volunteer people have spent time writing.
If you had, you would not be asking a question like the above.

You should also, as someone else already pointed out, look at the
different MPM's available for Apache, here
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/worker.html
and here
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/prefork.html
and
a) find out which one you are using at the moment, and b) determine
which one is really the best for doing what you are trying to do.